Saturday, August 12, 2006

Memories of a Speedy Summer

I would like to take this blogger space to look back to the summer that was. This was my first Memphis summer, and I no longer only hear about the really thick humidity and blazing heat, I have experienced it. I have decided not to complain about the lack of relaxation I have received over the summer. Usually being a student+hot weather=no school. Not this summer for me. But my wonderful wife has no such "break" as I long for and for some reason think I deserve, so no complaints here. I think that might have been a disguised complaint. Oh well.
This summer has provided me with some memories and positive experiences that I would now like to share with you, keep in mind these are only the ones I can think of at the moment. These being in no particular order:
1. World Cup/Playing soccer with my classmates
2. Group Counseling Class (the actual class time was enjoyable, I told you I wasn't going to complain about school)
3. Wednesday Night Meals-Fellow participants you know who you are.
4. Hotsprings, Arkansas
5. Winning a free DiamondJaxx ticket because of my mad bouncy ball hopping skillz.
6. A Bittersweet Memory...Jeep gone for a more reliable/gas friendly car.
7. Joesph tricking everyone into thinking he is going back to South Korea.

Well usually 10 is the appropriate number for a list like the one above, but since I go to a religious graduate school, 7 seems more appropriate for some reason. OK so I made that up, I could not think of any more. I am just a counseling student, I don't know anything about the exegesis of 7 or anything like that. But the number 7 is mentioned in Revelation alot though I hear.

No comments: