Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Like Bow Ties


I wear bow ties. I get varied reactions from those who encounter me as I sport the unique accessory. Some critize the bow tie (haters). Some applaud the bow tie (congratulators). Some give credit for having the fortitude to wear the bow tie. My question is this: Why aren't bow ties worn more often? Why can't I find them on the sale rack at T.J. Max?
It is obvious, most people do not know the perks of wearing bow ties. The number 1 reason I wear a bow tie is that I look really good in them. At least that is what my wife says.
Ever been to some formal event where there is food and your tie keeps getting in the way? With the bow tie you fulfill your duty to wear a tie without the annoyance of the tie getting in your food.
Crave attention? A bow tie is a good way to draw attention to yourself.
Another great thing about bow ties is the preconceived notion that smart people wear bow ties. This blog has effectively blown that theory though.
Anyways, I encourage all to get a bow tie and join the trend that I am offically calling into existence.

3 comments:

Jason said...

I look forward to seeing this trend! Although that probably means my husband will join the band wagon...hmmm. You have some good points...no tie in food, attention getter.... You could be on to a good thing! I'll let Jason comment on 'how good you look', though. -- Nicole

Rusty and Rachel said...

You would look even cooler if you had your helmet hair in this picture. -Rachel

Jason said...

You can always stick a regular tie in your shirt to keep it out of food, mouth, etc. (Otherwise, they really can be dangerous when you're driving down the highway in your convertible.) I don't think I'm going to join the band wagon any time soon, but you sure do look good! -- Jason