Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bland Nights

Bland Nights are far from bland. I want to take this blog space to show appreciation to Dr. Dave and Nancy Bland, possibly the most kind people I know. Every first and third Sunday night you can depend on a Bland Night. A typical Bland Night consists of the group making announcements and prayer requests then Dr. Bland offers up a prayer for the requests, our fellowship, and the wonderful food that Nancy has graciously prepared for a number of people. There is always more than enough food and deserts. There is even a Bland pouring a drink for you. Bland Nights are heavily anticipated in the Lewis home. Bland Nights are one of the top five things for me in Memphis. The Blands have been a great example to me of what hospitality, fellowship, and servanthood looks like.
I will really miss Bland Nights when I leave Memphis.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Amen. The Blands are great examples of hospitality and service. Bland nights will be deeply missed...but wonderful memories. I'm glad we can enjoy these times with you guys. --Nicole