Sunday, January 07, 2007

I am a Peyton Fan



One game down and a few more until the greatest player in the NFL silences the critics about his inablity to win the big one, I hope. I only was able to watch half the game yesterday because I went to watch UK play Ole Miss. But they looked good. Even if Peyton threw a few interceptions.
Hopefully, this is the year that the best player at the hardest position finally earns the championship he deserves.
I may eat my words, but no matter what Peyton deserves to win the big one. I don't want to see possibly the best ever retire without at least one Super Bowl victory leaving people saying "yeah but...he never won a Super Bowl". But if it isn't this year he still has time.
Plus, he has really funny commercials. I am not sure what that has to do with anything. But he does.

4 comments:

James T Wood said...

Wouldn't a quarterback have to win a big game in order to be that good? I'm not saying that every quarterback that has a Superbowl ring is great, but I am saying that Montana is clearly great, while I'm not too sure about Marino. If Peyton only puts up good stats in the regular season, then I don't think he's a great quarterback.

He does have funny comercials, though.

Justin P. Lewis said...

Well, he has been to the AFC championship three times I think, there are big games other than the Super Bowl. Plus, the quarterback is only one position. There are 21 other players and special teams that make an impact on the game. But I wonder if winning divisions and great numbers in the regular season isn't more impressive than winning a Super Bowl anyways. Teams that are not the best over the season can get hot and win a few games in a row against better teams like the Steelers last year: the Colts who lost because of the kicker (a game that Peyton threw for 290 and TD with no interceptions) and your Seahawks, who possibly got some bad calls. The regular season shows more longevity. Numbers over a career are more impressive to me rather than a few games in Jan. and Feb.

Either way I just hope Mastercard keeps putting out Peyton commercials.

James T Wood said...

So at least Manning's team won. Too bad he couldn't do much to help . . . Maybe Vinitari should just be the QB too.

Mike said...

Hey Justin;
You and Patty would most certainly agree about Peyton Manning. I recently found out that Pat is indeed a rabid Indy Colts fan. I like Peyton too but when he grows up maybe we can let him play with Brett Farve LOL
Mike