Monday, August 13, 2007

E-GRAMMAR

I do not claim to have perfect written or spoken grammar. At least I try. In the generation of e-mail, instant messaging and facebook I have noticed that grammar is on the decline. R U cng wht im talkin bout?

So, I have an idea. Since instant messaging has done much to increase the words typed per minute among my generation, I think that communicating on the computer can be a great form of learning grammar. What if every comment or post was blocked without the use of proper grammar? So, instead of "whatcha doin 2nite?" the post would read "What are you doing tonight?" Is that too much to ask?

NEwayz, ttyl.

2 comments:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

Haha...I've wrestled with the same thing. If you don't mind me selfishly promoting my blog here, you might like to take a look at what I wrote:

Here's the link